Oops!

From: Peter Metcalfe (metcalph@voyager.co.nz)
Date: Tue 10 Feb 1998 - 10:25:41 EET

Mark Mohrfield:

Me>>A good bibliography can be found in Arthur C. Clarke's 'The Foundations
>>of Paradise'

>I believe that title is "The Fountains of Paradise".

Ooo Err! That's even more disgusting!!

>Clearly Peter, fresh from
>studying the God Learners for the reply earlier in his post attempted a
>"author switch" of Isaac Asimov (author of the Foundation series) and Arthur
>C. Clarke. As indicated by the change in the title, he was not entirely
>successful and we can expect several natural disasters of the sort that
>destroyed the GL's as a result. Now I know who is responsible for those two
>unpredicted days of heavy snow we've had here in Cincinnati...

I plead guilty. Incidentally it's gotten so hot here that some parts
of the country are facing a power crisis. The power demand is soaring
because people are using air conditioners at an unprecedented level
_and_ a major power station is being hampered in generating electricity
for the nearby river is far too warm to be used for coolant purposes in
electricity generation. I kid ye not.

- --Peter Metcalfe