Fall of the Silver Empire

From: Peter Metcalfe (metcalph@voyager.co.nz)
Date: Wed 11 Feb 1998 - 23:58:29 EET

Joerg Baumgartner

[We are arguing about when the Silver Empire Fell. I say after the
Sunstop based on some reference in Code #2]

>>And what does 'process of political integration' mean to you?

>Clearing up the shards of the prior destruction, with not too soft a
>brush...

And what is happening in between the times that the Empire fell and
the PoPI starts? I find it difficult to believe that hearing news
of the Empire's destruction, that the various lords of Fronela would
wait 45 years before making power grabs. Even the Tarshites didn't
wait that long!

>>And IMO this would be a good description of Malkioni Fronela in the
>>years 385 to 650 ST (when Akem dissolves and Pomons joins Loskalm).
>>Of course there were quite a few nasty wars along the way.

>I'd start this already around 350 if that's the time the Silver Empire
>faltered, otherwise we seem to agree. (!!!)

No mention of this in the Broken Council Guidebook. Furthermore
the mention of Fronelan Wizards combatting some powerful heathen
god during the Sunstop seems to indicate that Malkioni Fronela
was unified at that time. Which would make the Silver Empire still
extant.

- --Peter Metcalfe