T & J

From: Michael Cule (mikec@room3b.demon.co.uk)
Date: Thu 12 Feb 1998 - 22:40:51 EET

I don't know if this has been said before, but some of you will remember that
we had a discussion, the last time we were thrashing out HeroQuest ideas, on
how to distinguish between the two known types of HQ, viz:

1) The recreationist type, whereby you follow the path the God has taken
before you

and

2) The experimental type, where you try to create some new path and new
things on the Hero/God Plane.

Given that the Lunars call HeroQuesting, 'Travelling and Journeying' might not
they the name 'Travelling' to the first type of HQ and 'Journeying' to the
second. This feels right linguistically: a 'journey' has more intent, more
purpose than just 'travelling'.

- --
Michael Cule

Actor And Genius
AKA Theophilus Prince Archbishop Of The Far Isles Medieval Society
Arms Purpure An Open Book Proper: On the Dexter Page an Alpha Or
On the Sinister an Omega Or. Motto Nulla Spes Sit in Resistendo
(Resistance is Useless). Ask me about the Far Isles:
Better Living through Pan-Medieval Anachronisms.