God Learner Secrets

From: Peter Metcalfe (metcalph@voyager.co.nz)
Date: Fri 13 Feb 1998 - 09:28:38 EET

Joerg Baumgartner:

>I agree that the God Learner secret will probably have been limited to
>very few people preparing the way.

It was quite well known in its latter days. IIRC a university in
Umathela had graduated about 50,000 God Learners before it was
destroyed.

>I am not convinced that the God Learner secret depended on having raided the
>Stygian Empire and its methods of heroquesting. Some of that knowledge must
>have leaked out earlier, anyway.

AFAIK The God Learner Secret is not creative heroquesting and was never
said by me to be dependant on creative heroquesting. What has been said
is that the Jrusteli gained creative heroquesting from the plunder of
the Dark Empire and this enhanced them immeasurably.

- --Peter Metcalfe