God Learner graduates

From: Peter Metcalfe (metcalph@voyager.co.nz)
Date: Sat 14 Feb 1998 - 04:22:01 EET

David Dunham

Me>> IIRC a university in Umathela had graduated about 50,000 God
>> Learners before it was destroyed.

>Yup, the university at Newfroswal "graduated fifty thousand fully-
>qualified God Learner heroquesters before its destruction." That's
>probably over a three century period, but still a sizeable graduating
>class of over 150/year. I'd be tempted to argue that the number's
>exaggerated, but even 15 "fully-qualified" heroquesters per year
>is enough to stock several campaigns worth of power gamers.

Given that it's only one university in Umathela (Yoranday was destroyed
in 901 ST and the Waertagi destroyed 'the rest of the universities' to
gravel and pulp in 954 ST), I think the number of qualified god-learners
in Umathela must be even larger.

IMO the solution lies in divorcing the image of the God Learner
Heroquester from the powergaming Super-rq model. IMO they are
more akin to qualified technicians keeping the magical economy
and the monomyth going.

- --Peter Metcalfe