Lone Dryads

From: Stephen Martin (ilium@juno.com)
Date: Sat 14 Feb 1998 - 08:42:30 EET

I believe that Sandy Petersen, in his epic and legendary RQ3 playtest
campaign, had a lonely dryad somewhere in the Wastes; I am not sure if
there was an oasis at this location, though I think so.

She thought she was the last aldryam in the world, and upon meeting a
trollkin was convinced that all the trolls were like that. So, she agreed
that she and the trollkin might as well end the centuries-long feud.

So, it seems like Sandy at one time thought dryads could survive on their
own, though it is obvious this one is not quite all there. Did I remember
all of this correctly Sandy?

Philip Hibbs
>I never thought of Prax as a cactus place

I do not think that Prax itself is a "cactus place," but it seems that at
least one portion of the Wastes is -- the Cactus Flats. See Tales 14 for
more info.

Stephen Martin
ilium@juno.com
The Book of Drastic Resolutions
drastic@juno.com

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]