Arkatisms.

From: Alex Ferguson (abf@interzone.ucc.ie)
Date: Sun 15 Feb 1998 - 10:40:41 EET

Philip Hibbs:
> I think Arkat got a big shock when he discovered that the changes he
> wrought upon himself while following the path of a god could have
> lasting effects on the god or its cult.

I think that, rather more chillingly, Arkat knew _exactly_ what he
was doing, and not to put too fine a point on it, didn't give a
monkey's. Mind you, it would have been a pretty big shock for everyone
else concerned...

BTW, Peter M's Arkati-mutual-predation comments are spot on, I think.
It gets even more scarey when one considers the likelihood of Arkat
worshippers doing this who have little of none of the "Arkati secret
knowledge" enabling them to play these games with at least _some_
accuracy. After all, if it takes one to know one, but you only _think_
that you're one...

Slainte,
Alex.