undead undead

From: David Cake (davidc@cyllene.uwa.edu.au)
Date: Tue 17 Feb 1998 - 08:50:03 EET

Jim from EBWE Engineering says
>I will now work on the
>assumption that there are two types of Undead.
>
>1. Created Undead
>2. Voluntary Undead

>The voluntary type are the ghosts, wraiths and such that remain after the
>body dies. It may be a predetermined decision or not.

        I repeat again - ghosts are not necessarily considered 'undead' by
Gloranthans. They are dead spirits hanging around, not undead. For some
people, this is extremely important - notably Humakti, who may become
ghosts, despite an extremely strong cult hatred of undead.
        I also don't think the Created vs Voluntary is a particularly
useful distinction, myself. Most of the 'voluntary' can also be created by
magic (ie Ghost Binding enchantments), and some of the created may also
indeed be quite enthusiastic participants (I can certainly see some people
looking forward to mummification, for example).

        Cheers

                David