Ramadan correction

From: Peter Metcalfe (metcalph@voyager.co.nz)
Date: Wed 18 Feb 1998 - 10:08:13 EET

Alex Ferguson:

NB>> Third up, the comparable RW festivals (inc. Easter and Ramadan) are
>> nearer the Spring Eq. than the Winter Sol. (IIRC)

>Ramadan is between the two, but is closer to the WS, if we're going
>to split weeks.

Sorry to be such a pedantic nuisance but Ramadan actually cycles
through the solar year as it's based on the lunar calender and

Muhammad forbade the intercalation of extra months to bring the
lunar calender in line with the solar (something to do with not
wanting a central authority).

- --Peter Metcalfe