Wrong type of Light.

From: Alex Ferguson (abf@interzone.ucc.ie)
Date: Fri 20 Feb 1998 - 08:38:12 EET

Phil "Don't need no steekin' attributions" Hibbs, quotes me:
> >Having Celestial Light be quantatively, provably
> >different from any other sort -- including reflected
> >Celestial Light, presumably, seems yet more
> >goofiness in an already goof-rich theory.

> How can celestial light possibly be exactly the same as solar light?
> They are from a different source, there *must* be differences.

Solar light _is_ celestial light, at least as I was using the term,
and as I think Nick was using the term in the given context. And as
I think Sainted Greg (may his cockles be forever warm!) uses it, hence
"Celestiology", rather than "astrology".

Anyhoo, what quantative, provable differences would you suggest
between starlight (say) and solar light?

The original question, though, was (solar|moon|planetary|stellar) light
 -- allegedly non-bendy, and mundane light -- allegedly quite notoriously
bendy. Note that "mundane" light would include not just the light reflected
from your friendly neighbourhood Gloranthan, but also, say, torchlight, or
from a Lune, or from a helioscope...

Lightly,
Alex.