Waerdeli

From: Peter Metcalfe (metcalph@voyager.co.nz)
Date: Sat 21 Feb 1998 - 04:28:49 EET

Nick Brooke:

>I fully expect the Waertagi to double-cross the Vadeli, and be double-
>crossed in turn. But the reasons for alliance ("We *both* hate those
>Brithini bastards!") are very cogent in the shorter term, whatever the
>two equally-despicable forces plan for their allies in the long run.

IMO whoever makes alliances with the Vadeli makes them with the
knowledge that the Vadeli will eventually betray them. And so
they make plans to double-cross the Vadeli first.

Unfortunately before they have a chance to put into action their
cunning plans to do the dirty on the Vadeli, they tend to come to
facedown in a swimming pool with a knife in the back.

To add make the betrayal even more poignant IMO, the Vadeli should
co-opt the PCs as the instruments of their stab-Mr-Demigod-Waertagi
- -in-the-back. This will halt the Waertagi threat to humanity at the
very hour of their victory. Unfortunately the PCs will now witness
the Vadeli Empire reaching its zenith and know that they helped
to bring this about. The only people who could possibly save them
are those demigod Waertagi whom they just stabbed...

- --Peter Metcalfe