humakt burial ceremony.

From: Bill Thompson (interlit@pacificcoast.net)
Date: Mon 23 Feb 1998 - 08:04:06 EET

 I particularily like the notion of the funeral ceremony for rune
initiation. This makes for some fantastic roleplaying of the actual
ceremony. What a spirit walk that would be....

The concept of the Funerary Bridge as a mythic link to the spirit world is
well known.

The Egyptians used a funeral rite in their coronation rituals and in
current rituals the masons are buried and then raised upon achieving master
rank.

Yet I have to wonder, if a humakti is already spiritually dead then does it
really matter how his physical self is terminated. Wouldn't his spirit self
already reside with Humakt?

Bill Thompson

"I remember gaudy days
        when the year was springing: