Many topics

From: Peter Metcalfe (metcalph@voyager.co.nz)
Date: Tue 24 Feb 1998 - 08:08:03 EET

David Dunham:

Me>> She's aeons old and remembers Emperor Sarenesh.

>Even if she did seduce Emperor Saranesh, he's only about 550 years ago,
>hardly "aeons."

'twas poetic license. Have you no shame?

Jeff Richard:

Me>>But to ask something, in your opinion, do the Esrolians see
>>_themselves_ as being Orlanthi? If so then they are Orlanthi.
>>If not (which is my opinion), then they aren't.

>I don't think "Orlanthi" is a term used by the various tribes to describe
>themselves. "Orlanthi" is something that outsiders, scholars, and, most
>importantly, game writers use to describe a myraid of peoples that hold a
>few things in common.

I do feel that "Orlanthi" would be used to the sense of 'Xenoi'
(ie people who are not us but still speak our language) as opposed
to 'Barbaroi' (ie scum who don't speak a word).

David Cake:

Has some pretty interesting questions. But I'm not really
interested in responding to them as he evidently thinks it
fair game to invent quotes from me such as:

:And then you say 'if they didn't screw up the cosmos, and think it
:was a good idea at the time, then they weren't God Learners'

before knocking them down and accusing me of strawmanning in
the same paragraph(!)

- --Peter Metcalfe