Kitori versus Volsaxi

From: Peter Metcalfe (metcalph@voyager.co.nz)
Date: Sun 03 May 1998 - 15:05:23 EEST

Joerg Baumgartner:

>>>Unwalled village: no defensive measures against bandit warlords (= Kitori
>>>tribute takers).

>>So why did the Night Jumpers exist then?

>As a secret organisation without a known place to strike against.

I doubt this as King Vurgunzol had a pretty good idea where they
were. Furthermore the Night Jumpers call the hunting of Trolls
"sport".

>>Claiming that the Kitori
>>had tribute over them or stole from them by force does not prevent
>>the clans from taking measures against the Kitori.

>Openly? I suppose that now and then a clan went into open rebellion, and was
>crushed by the trolls and humans of the Kitori tribe, probably annihilated
>pour encourager les autres.

Who said anything about a rebellion? The context was putting up
walls around the village. How are the Kitori going to be able
to suppress that? The Pentans couldn't stop Pelorians from walling
their towns and villages.

- --Peter Metcalfe