Re: god-stuff again

From: Nils Weinander (nilsw@ibm.net)
Date: Tue 05 May 1998 - 09:03:19 EEST

Julian Lord:

> Also, to no small extent, gods _are_ made of worship, =
>
> and this is borne out by the fact that heroquesters
> can make, change and undo gods, difficult as it may be.

Just so we don't forget: heroquests and other forms of
religious reformation usually change the cult practices
and ways of worship, but _very_ rarely the essence of
a god. When such change happens it is even more rarely
intentional as warping your deity is singularly blasphemous
for a believer.

Nils Weinander | Everything is dust in the wind
nilsw@ibm.net | http://www.geocities.com/Paris/8689/