RE: Bound Spirits, Illumination

From: Hibbs, Philip (philip.hibbs@tnt.co.uk)
Date: Tue 05 May 1998 - 21:33:45 EEST

Eric Hansen:
>If you have a problem with the sharing of magical resources, just insist
>that all enchantments be built with limits,

That seems a little excessive, either charging an extra point of POW or
giving away a free condition with every enchantment.

>and don't give out many living
>magic crystals.

I don't. I think there are 2 live crystals in my (high-magic) game, and
that's been going for nearly ten years now, on and off.

The Crimson Brooke:
>Other than a general dislike for being understood, I can't see
>why the Cosmos would necessarily want to get rid of Illumination,
>which is both more natural and less intrusive.

Well, you would say that, wouldn't you! Illumination tries to integrate the
crawling cancer that is Chaos with the perfection expressed in the Ideal
Universe, like Malia Tersea is an attempt to integrate foul disease with
healing! Git orff moi laaand! ~:-{>

Peter Metcalfe:
>But the Yelm cult calls this state of conciousness Illumination.
>It was known of circa 200 ST or so before Nysalor was born.

"Illumination" and "Enlightenment" are effectively the same word, like an
"Allied Spirit" is often called a "Familiar". I don't see that the word used
implies that Illumination as per Cults of Terror writeup existed before
Nysalor, just that Enlightenment (whatever that is) was also called
Illumination.

philip.hibbs@tnt.co.uk or phibbs@compuserve.com
http://members.tripod.com/~PhilHibbs/
  A single death is a tragedy