Re: More God Learner

From: Mittmann, Mike (Mike_Mittmann@affymetrix.com)
Date: Wed 06 May 1998 - 01:42:21 EEST

Simon Hibbs <simonh@msi-uk.com> says:
>John Murphy says :
>
>>I don't agree with everything Richard D has been advocating in recent
>>posts, but the idea of worship creating Gods may have some merits?
>
>If this is true, then it implies that all the theist cultures in
>glorantha are self-deluding fools.

So let's look at Pavis then. We agree he is a god (yes?).
I don't think he was born a god. (do you?) So it looks to me like there
was a transition in there somewhere. Did worship have anything to do
with
that transition? ( I would claim that the transition would have been
much
more difficult without worship).

>(...) Furthermore, all theist doctrine and spiritual
>philosophy is meaningless and has no moral force.

I'm a resident of the U.S. of A, something which (IMO) qualifies as a
fantasy.
Do it's laws have no moral force because they were not handed down on
stone
tablets?

- -mike