RE: The Glorantha Digest V5 #597

From: Hibbs, Philip (philip.hibbs@tnt.co.uk)
Date: Wed 06 May 1998 - 12:35:31 EEST

P.Metcalfe:
>I fail to see where I mentioned Enlightenment which only exists
>in the Far East as a result of the Metsyla cult. Furthermore the
>Illumination that was known in 200 ST is the same as the Illumination
>that can be acquired now according to the Fortunate Succession.

You didn't, I must have picked up on 'enlightenment' from a nearby post, and
fallen foul of the same confusion between the terms that was the thrust of
my argument. My point is that Dara Happan 'illumination' and Nysalorian
'illumination' may be similar, in the same way that 'enlightenment' and
'illumination' are similar, without being the same just because of the name.
I think an enlightened Kralorelan visiting Prax would be given a real hard
time by any storm bulls that know about illumination.

I have not read FS, so was unaware of the expressed connection.

philip.hibbs@tnt.co.uk or phibbs@compuserve.com
http://members.tripod.com/~PhilHibbs/
  A single death is a tragedy
a million deaths are a statistic