FHQ ideas

From: danny bourne (d.bourne@dial.pipex.com)
Date: Wed 06 May 1998 - 16:43:10 EEST

PM:>Nevertheless some memories of those events still remain. The
>FHQ gained her powers after found her 'sisters, who had been
>missing for many years.'

Ah well I read this differently. (Actually I read Feathered Horse Queen as
Queen of Feathered Horses, rather than the Queen herself being feathered
[either literally or metaphorically] - does that make sense?)

My reading of the 'sisters' is the missing, mystical and magical original
horses - ie Hippogriffs and that the FHQ has been Heroquesting to bring
these beasts back to Glorantha. (In fact, if I remember rightly, [tho'
you'd have to ask Simon Bray or Martin Hawley] part of the current
Heroquests that the Grazers are doing to transform the FHQ into a new deity
encompasses her five stage Heroquest in Engiziland). As she completes each
stage of her quest, her horses regain the mythical parts of hippogriff lost
over the years - the golden eyes, feathers, claws, wings and fiery breath.

I think this is a tool for the FHQ to mythically absorb solar powers
(flight & fire) from the original worhship of Yu-Kargzant and add it to the
earth powers she already has.