dead in the West

From: David Cake (dave@starfish.net.au)
Date: Fri 08 May 1998 - 05:19:32 EEST

>>you forget that Westerner's souls/spirits disappear after death. A proven
>>"magico-scientifical" fact in Glorantha.

        I thought Westerners souls/spirits hung around for a short time
after death like everybody elses, it was only that when the spirits of
others went to their final reward, the souls of Westerners disappeared.
Some people believe that they disappear because they are destroyed (because
Westerners don't really have souls), some people say that they simply go
somewhere that no non-Malkioni can follow (ie Solace). There are ghosts in
Malkioni lands, and even the occasional necromancer, and Malkioni CAN be
resurrected (they can't be resurrected after they have gone to Solace, but
an Orlanthi can't be resurrected after he has passed through the Courts of
Silence either).

        There are undoubtedly Westerners that believe the spirits of the
dead are merely undead hollow shells, or something like that. It is also
the case that a pious dead Westerner is on the path to Solace, so by
Resurrecting them you are performing an evil heretical act.

        Cheers

                Dave

- --
David Cake <mailto:dave@starfish.net.au>
Starfish Technologies Pty Ltd <http://www.starfish.net.au>
ACN 076 426 714 Tel: +61-8-94760244

    Consultants in Unix, Mac OS & internetworking technologies