Spells

From: Lord Julian (113661.3343@compuserve.com)
Date: Sun 10 May 1998 - 22:36:26 EEST

From: Julian Lord

Thomas Gottschall:

>But what does a Gloranthan feel if he spends
>MPs or POW ? Is this an act of will or of some instinct ?

Usually an act of will. But IMG most Malkioni who pray to God
or to His Saints are unaware that they're using MPs or POW.
They pray, and are answered or not. Blessings appear,
invisibly, from on high.

>When a worshipper of the sun god recites a prayer (and what
>else is a spell ?) and it fails does that let him think that
>he didn't get the text right or does he believe his god
>didn't answer his call ?

Sounds like an incorrectly performed ritual to me.
=46rom one POV, casting a spell is a mini-HQ, and it
must be done properly. From another, incorrect
ritual is offensive to the gods. Otherwise, proper
focus might be needed to access the inner and outer =

powers. Etc.
All POV are right, somewhere, in Glorantha; at least
all coherent ones.