More on language

From: Lord Julian (113661.3343@compuserve.com)
Date: Mon 11 May 1998 - 19:36:07 EEST

From: Julian Lord

allen wallace:

>There is a hill in england whose name is hill hill hill =

>if you translate all its elements into modern english.

I've thunk some more about this, and I'm liking it
more and more. (Hill Hill Hill is probably a good
name for a Sartarite weaponthane.)

I quibbled about proper nouns, but you are of =

course right, regarding "translation",
when considering common nouns and verbs. =

No RW language is likely to be able to convey =

the gloranthan notions which we "translate"
as "magic". RW languages don't have the Lunative =

case of New Pelorian. Our words cannot describe =

the Spirit Plane.