Re: Illumination

From: Nils Weinander (nilsw@ibm.net)
Date: Wed 13 May 1998 - 00:21:44 EEST

Julian Lord:

> re: Malkioni saints and bodhisatva of Mahayana Buddhism.
>
> How do these interesting ideas fit in with gloranthan
> illumination?

There must be a Malkioni equivalent of illumination,
though I think it is yet again different from both
illumination and enlightenment.

> Do you think that a chaotic can be a
> worshipper of the Invisible God, for instance?

Gut reaction, no. From reasoning, why not? How should
the wizard tell that the person is chaotic?
_____

Simon Hibbs:

> Perhaps you are right that the methuds used to attain Illumination and
> Enlightenment differ, but surely the ultimate states of conciousness
> achieved are of the same nature?

I think the effects are quite similar, but the actual
state of consciousness is subtly different: finding
the One in yourself as opposed to finding yourself in
the One. Like a mathematical limes value approaching
zero from the positive and negative side.

> The illumination writeup in Dorastor says that not all illuminates have
> all the listed powers, and that different schools of illumination
> commonly acheive different apparent effects. I imagine this is also true
> of Enlightenment.

I agree completely.

Nils Weinander | Everything is dust in the wind
nilsw@ibm.net | http://www.geocities.com/Paris/8689/