Saints

From: Jose Ramos (jose@kobo.es)
Date: Wed 13 May 1998 - 17:32:57 EEST

        I think Peter is reading too deeply in the boddhisatva model.

        What I like in it is, as in Malkionism, there are many doubtful and
even outright fabricated saints in the rosters, and they give their
blessings anyway (as many boddhisattvas).

        All that "the saint is in Solace but intervenes" and "No, it is just
outside" becomes ridiculous when you consider Arkat (is he in Solace? All of
them? Then how will they come back? I thought they were in a star...) and
the saintly gods. St. Orland? Of course he lived in Hrelar Amali. And many
families in Eastern Safelster have him as an ancestor. Recorded history,
true fact. :-)

        Some saints are constructs, some are camouflaged gods, many are
disguised god learners, and a few were bodily taken to Solace (and have
appeared in visions quite often since then). All of them give their
blessings (if you are a good follower) no matter the origin. The matter
where they are, in or out, is a bone of contention among the sects.

        And yes, I think the God Learners are responsible for most of the
spurious saints in the lists. But I am not sure if they just built
constructs or a GL adopted the persona of the god to sanctify. And this ties
well with the False Gods (failed pretenders? Or another faction of GLs
mudslinging their competitors?).

        Anyway, someone in Glorantha will probably believe each theory we
propose.

Jose