Sartar the Sorceror

From: Jane Williams (jane@williams.nildram.co.uk)
Date: Tue 19 May 1998 - 21:01:53 EEST

Just a quick thought on this one: what do Orlanthi (who haven't read RQ3) mean by
"sorcery"? As far as I can tell, the loose meaning is "magic used by other people,
which we don't understand and is far more powerful than we appreciate". A more
thoughtful definition might be "magic which does not derive from any (known?) god
or spirit". So if Sartar has a spell from Orlanth the Wizard, courtesy of his Aoelian
friends, that's obviously not sorcery, is it?

Jane Williams jane@williams.nildram.co.uk
http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~janewill/gloranth/