Re: Tolat

From: TTrotsky@aol.com
Date: Sat 30 May 1998 - 00:58:54 EEST

Xavier Llobet:

<< I recently wanted to create a new charachter and I decided that it would
 be a bold Trowjang amazone from the distant island of the same name, in
Teshnos. But the problem came when I noticed that I knew NOTHING about the
God of these women, TOLAT.

 PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! CAN ANYBODY TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT HIS CULT !!>>

     No official cult write-up for this cult exists, nor is there one
available on the Web AFAIK. The closest one could come is the cult of Shargash
(in Enclosure #1), the Dara Happan god that represents the celestial body also
associated with Tolat. Like Tolat, Shargash is a war god, so a number of the
spells and requirements would be similar (bar the fact that Shargashi are
generally male and Tolati obviously aren't). However, there are significant
differences. Firstly there's the different cultural milieu, for which there
isn't much information beyond that in Genertela CoHW - although you can find
some info. at Peter Metcalfe's website that really addresses Teshnos proper
rather than Trowjang. Secondly, Tolat has a much greater emphasis on fertility
than Shargash does; although the latter does have a Green Path that might be
used as a guideline.
      So I'm afraid the only recommendation I can make is to take the cult of
Shargash and modify it in ways that seem right. Then maybe you can become the
expert on all things Trowjangi, and tell *us* all the answers :-)

Forward the glorious Red Army!
     Trotsky

 I'D BE VERY PLEASED WITH ANYBODY WHO CAN GIVE A DESCRIPTION OF THIS

 CULT, spells, holy days, runeladies, skills... WHATEVER!!!!!!

 I'll pray to Lhankorn Mhy meanwhile...