Re: The Gemborg Evacuationists

From: Erik Sieurin (BV9521@bhs.utb.hb.se)
Date: Tue 02 Jun 1998 - 20:50:59 EEST

Nick Brook:
> THE GEMBORG EVACUATIONISTS
Bloody marvelous!

Some comments:
> He [the renegade Gold] claims to represent a dissident movement
> determined to do something about it.
There is grounds to be afraid here for more than one reason:
On one hand the Mostali are incredibly prudent, slow-to-act, and
anal-retentively careful, but on the other hand they are also down-to
earth (or even below it) practical about the most astounding things.
'Do something about it' _can_ mean that there are dwarves who want
to, say divert the flows of molten lava into adjacent or
not so adjacent non-Mostali territories. Or shoot down a star, to hit
the lever which will lower the heat and pressure. Deep impact.

> According to this, our sole source, they are confecting elaborate plans =
for
> relocating the entire Gemborg community to some other site.
See above: this might include Gemborg itself... roll over, Rover, be
a good mountain.

"The Owl and the Pussycat went to sea, in a beautiful pea-green boat..."
>From "The Owl and the Pussycat" by Edward Lear

Erik Sieurin
bv9521@bhs.utb.hb.se
Bodagatan 39, 2 tr