The City of 10,000 Magicians

From: David Millians (drakon@mindspring.com)
Date: Sun 07 Jun 1998 - 14:01:53 EEST

>Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 20:39:08 +1200 (NZST)
>From: metcalph@voyager.co.nz (Peter Metcalfe)

>It depends. I do feel that most of the wise scholars in the City are
>lunars and they would carry sufficient influence with the King of
>Aggar or the Lunar Provincial Government in order to have troops prevent
>people from entering without authority.

        I'm running a game set in Aggar, and the City is mostly a distant
oddity. I portray it as an ancient, rambling ruin, in fact ruins on ruins
on ruins. Only its special inhabitants are allowed within the heavy,
crumbling walls. A great, half buried gate allows egress, and a market is
often held here, for unusual needs and products can be found only at the
City.

        While the surrounding Aggari know that many of the inhabitants are
sorcerers or worse, ancient tradition allows them to dwell there, and they
even have their own clan, which allows them to stand as equals in disputes
and claims.

        Entry is forbidden by those who live within and by those living
around the City. The City is bad, "But it's our bad."

        David Millians