Re: Ducks and Starbrow's revolt

From: Joerg Baumgartner (joe@toppoint.de)
Date: Fri 28 May 1999 - 02:10:21 EEST

Peter Metcalfe asked to my

> >In 1613 the ducks took an active role in the Starbrow Rebellion,

> What actually did they do?

Good point, I was too fuzzy about that.

One of their leaders, Jonathan Greenbeak, was a (the?) foremost advocate for a
united rebellion at Sartar High Council (another freeform I overlooked, published
in Wyrm's Footprints). It was ducks (or at least a party including several ducks)
who discovered Temertain in Seapolis. And I suppose that ducks turned up for the
liberation of Wilmskirk.

Actually, since their most striking contribution to the rebellion was to bring
Temertain, the fact that Fazzur declared the Duck Hunt might have interesting
implications - like he _really_ wanted to become Prince of Sartar, and the
presence of an heir of the lineage of Sartar disrupted this. In this case, his
interaction with Estal Donge (his niece?) is interesting.

But of course, the ducks may just have been convenient to slap...