Aggar

From: Peter Metcalfe (metcalph@bigfoot.com)
Date: Mon 09 Aug 1999 - 09:57:36 EEST

David Dunham:

JB>>>Aggar does have Orlanth worship, within the Glowline.

Me>> Aggar is within the Glowline?

>I've always assumed that at least parts are, given that all of Tarsh
>is, and Tarsh is further than Aggar from Glamour. As well as having
>been part of the Empire for longer, I believe.

My understanding is that Aggar became Lunar-controlled about some
thirty years after Tarsh did. Secondly just because all Tarsh is
under the Glowline (ignoring the Exiles, Ormsgone Vale and the
Farpoint tribes) does not mean that Glowline is worth extending
to cover Aggar.

The Temple of the Reaching Moon near Furthest places all land within
ten hexes or 80 kilometres at the most*. This would mean there would
be some temples are at Filichet and Mirin's Cross. Now some parts of
Aggar do lie close to Mirin's Cross, so some of of Aggar is within the
Glowline. But I don't think it reaches beyond the Aggar Hills which
would be out of place with its description as the "most wild and
least controlled" of the Lunar Provinces.

*But the Old Wind Temple where Tatius tries to found the Temple of the
Reaching Moon is a lot further than ten hexes away from the Glowline.
So it might seem that a) he choose it in a special place, or b) he
established a secondary temple somewhere in North Sartar.

- --Peter Metcalfe