Extent of Glowline

From: Kaselov-Sandberg (kaselov.sandberg@swipnet.se)
Date: Tue 10 Aug 1999 - 12:36:44 EEST

Keith N (and others) discuss the extent and range of the Glowline:

> But I can't remember a map with the entire Glowline, which would
> clarify the issue.

In fact there is such a map, albeit not very detailed. KoS, p 240-41
at least tells us that the Glowline covers the whole of Carmnia right
unto the Charg Wall and the wild hills of Brolia; makes a "bulge"

around Yolp Mtns; skirt the border between Sylila and Talastar (i.e:
the latter is outside the Glowline); wanders around the Autumn Mtns on
the northern side; _encloses the whole of Aggar_; covers Tarsh as per
the DP game; cover Holay, but not Balazar; covers Imther Mtns and
Tork; "wanders" along the eastern Hungry Plateau until reaching the
midpoint when it "races" to the north-east (just missing Molarisor)
and up to the Blue Moon Plateau.

>From the map it is impossible to judge how much of the northern-most
portions of the Empire the Glowline cover.

I can't back it up with facts; but I don't feel that that every
Reaching Moon temple need to be pin-pointed exactly "this or that"
number of hexes from each other. If placed in a symbolically or
mythically important location (or in a very potent magical location)
it might cover more area than if placed in a "less" important
location. Don't forget these temples connections with the conversion
of the populace. From CoP:

"As conversion proceeds, different lengthy rituals are performed which
will, after several years, firmly establish the Lunar presence by
allowing the light of the Red Moon to creep forward and engulfthe
region."

Cheers,

Patrik

kaselov.sandberg@swipnet.se