Humakt & Honour

From: Andrew Behan (andrew@RedBrick.DCU.IE)
Date: Wed 11 Aug 1999 - 21:37:14 EEST

> >>"Humakt idealises the honourable intentions and beliefs of the air
> >>gods with a single-minded intention and direction.
>
> >As I understand it, honour plays a similar role among the Orlanthi to
> >contemporary contract.

> But Orlanthi are only a subset of storm worshippers. The Gagarthi,
> the Sikkanosings and the Storm Bullies are not honorable. And they
> are better representatives of the average air god in the storm age
> than the honorable archetype claimed by Wyrms Footprints.

Not only are the Orlanthi a sub-set of air worshippers, the typical air
worshipper is an Orlanthi Orlanth cultist. Uroxi and Gargarthi are rare

and I have yet to hear of significant Gloranthan cults of such enemy gods
as Ragnaglar, Sikkanos and Vadrus.

I don't think it's to much to suggest that Humakt's mainstream Orlanthi
worshippers believe that their god shares their culture's concern for
honour even if his unworshipped or proscribed kin do not.
                        Andrew

        "This inexact science is known as Djinnetic
         Engineering, on account of being not unlike
         letting a rabid genie out of a bottle."

                               Jeff Noon, Automated Alice