Re: Flat Horizons

From: TTrotsky@aol.com
Date: Sat 14 Aug 1999 - 13:04:45 EEST

Ian Gorlick:

<< I know that the flat planet theory is official, but I have never liked it.
[snip] So my Glorantha does have a horizon.>>

     Greg has stated that, although Glorantha is flat, it does have a horizon
that looks just like our own (and, by implication, that Strangers in Prax is
simply wrong when it says otherwise). This is, after all, what the ancients
believed about the RW...

<< I'm not sure yet if it is caused by curving light or a curved surface, I
think this is a major debate among Gloranthan geographers. (There was a lot
of fun discussion about curving light and its implications some years back.)

     IIRC, the consensus reached was in favour of the curvy light hypothesis
(although there are those who object to this), with light tending to move
upwards towards its home in the Upper World over long distances.

Forward the glorious Red Army!
    Trotsky