Horizons and navigation

From: Andrew Barton (AndrewBarton@compuserve.com)
Date: Tue 17 Aug 1999 - 20:53:39 EEST

> If the Lunars were to set a big red beacon on top of Tada's Tumulus, th=
en
> nobody could ever get lost in Prax again. Where's the fun in that? =

There is a big red beacon, visible from almost everywhere in Prax.

It's called the Red Moon.

Whether the navigation techniques that this would allow
in our world are effective in Glorantha was hashed over
at length a while ago. IMG, measuring the altitude of
the Red Moon does -not- enable you to work out how far

away it is.

Andrew