Glorantha Digest: Re : Combining Magical Practices

Re : Combining Magical Practices

From: Hibbs, Philip (philip.hibbs@tnt.co.uk)
Date: Wed 25 Aug 1999 - 11:54:27 EEST

>The Orlanth cult teaches only selected spirit magic
>to it's worshipers, but there's nothing to stop them
>learning almost any other spirit magic from a shaman
>or from a friendly cult.

If it's an Orlanthi shaman, such as a Kolating, then that's acceptable. If
it isn't, then the Orlanthi is (IMO) either going to be ostracised for
heresy, or pressured to give up the magical secrets of these foreigners
whose magic he has stolen, so that it can be weakened or stolen in a
heroquest. I have tightened up my opinions on sharing magic (ie. shamans

teaching spells to all and sundry) over the last couple of years, and I
believe it should be strongly discouraged.

Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let
alone those of any organisations, nations, species,
or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.
http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/
Failure is not an option, it's integral to the o/s.