Chaos Decontamination

From: Peter Metcalfe (metcalph@bigfoot.com)
Date: Fri 27 Aug 1999 - 11:12:22 EEST

Emmanuel Ponette:

>My players have by mistake helped a ogre, and this ogre created a chaos
>'spot' (a small dorator or Snake Pipe Hollow). Now they are stronger, and
>they want to hire chaos fighter to clean the place. OK for the 'monsters'
>but the land is corrupted. How can they clean the land from chaos? which
>mighty spells should they use? Do they have to make some Heros Quest do
>clean it? Is there myths of some gods cleaning a Chaos land that I could
>use to make a Quest?

The best known way to clean a land of chaos is to sear it utterly
like Pamalt did to the Nargan or Oakfed did to Prax.

Normally chaotics or in some cases gloranthans pollute a land by
opening a hole to the primal void/protoplasm/etc. Your players
best bet is to find this hole and close it or to stop it up with
concrete. That will slow down the Chaos contamination.

- --Peter Metcalfe