Aeolian Church

From: Peter Metcalfe (metcalph@bigfoot.com)
Date: Fri 27 Aug 1999 - 11:21:22 EEST

Petsku Koo:

>tell me more how does the aeolian church work?
>is there organisied cults around the saints (meaning is there a cult of st.
>orlanth , st. humakt etc.) or is it rather just invoking your personal
>saint.

AFAIK the Orlanthi of Heortland do not use sorcery and do not worship
Orlanth or any other gods as Saints. Otherwise we would expect
Sartarite Sorcerers as most of the Sartarites came from Heortland.

There are Malkioni in Heortland who worship Aeolus and they are
considered rather heterodox by other Malkioni worldwide (except
in Ralios).

>and what about the magic do they use sorcery and when needeed get a blessing
>from the saint or is it more like combination of sorcery and runemagic.

Worship the Saint and get a rune magic blessing is how I would play
it. The Aeolians are not very strong on sorcery and the priests
of the Aeolian cult would know perhaps five or so storm magics at
the most.

- --Peter Metcalfe

- --Peter Metcalfe