Re: The Glorantha Digest V7 #61

From: Bob Stancliff (stanclif@ufl.edu)
Date: Sat 28 Aug 1999 - 01:23:57 EEST

        Since no one likes my version of history, I will go read KoS again this
weekend and take back most of what I said. I tend to read a lot,
internalize it, and then not read it again for about a year. I read all
of my Gloranthan material six years ago before starting my current
campaign, but I have only reread the parts I needed so that I could answer
player questions.

> ------------------------------

> I think the original point has been largely lost: do the Pol Joni use
> carts? Keith gave some MGF-ish reasons why it might be fun.
        If the Pol Joni can't buy, steal or build carts, they don't deserve to be
called men. If they want carts, they got them. There is plenty of wood
nearby.
        I consider the Pentans to have two-wheel carts and live in yurts. I
don't care where they get the wood from, it is available.
        You don't have to move into the woods or set up camp for a week to get
enough wood for a handful of carts. You just have to have the right tools
to cut up the trees and then you drag them away and do the real work
elsewhere. It's a one or two day raid.

Bob Stancliff