Wood In Prax

From: Paul Anderson (pmanderson@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun 29 Aug 1999 - 02:16:40 EEST

There are several sources of wood in Prax. There are several oases, to start
with; any oasis dwellers pay tribute in anything they have that the nomads
want. (including wood).
The Sun Dome is in the largest of these, and grows
its own spearshafts.

I do not see where the Pol-Joni getting enough wood to repair ox-carts is a
problem. They live, at least for now, around the Good Place, which is (or is
there argument?) wet enough for woody shrubs and small trees.

I must say the wood in the Big Rubble did not occur to me, and is a good
thought. However, the elves are not the typical oasis dwellers; they nomads
cannot simply terrorise them. How do the Praxians get wood?

Either by trading with them, which would/wood require a great price for the
Aldryami to give up their kindred for slaughter; or by a major raid, equal

to raiding a clan of one of the Great Tribes. Either would make for MGF.

When? since Moonbroth? Possibly, but it would mean the Lunars giving up
peace for their hatred of elves.

Paul MacLean Anderson
pmanderson@hotmail.com
"I'm not making this up, you know!"