Taluk Mormadak

From: Peter Metcalfe (metcalph@bigfoot.com)
Date: Mon 30 Aug 1999 - 12:19:14 EEST

MOB:

Me>>On the contrary, _vonsay_ (spearshaft) trees grow on the plains
>>of Jolar (ML p68) and there are pine forests in Taluk Mormadak.

>There *were* pine forests in Taluk Mormadak. It may say different in
>"Missing Lands" (can I have my copy back please, Mr Bean?);in Tales #11,
>it states that TM was covered in pine forests back in the First Age but is
>now dotted with huge termite mounds, some of which have been carved into
>thrones for Doraddi Chieftains (yikes, you probably wouldn't want to sit
>down in one for long!). I suggest these pines are unlikely to be a source
>for wood in the current period then.

Missing Lands says exactly the same thing. I was going by the Elder
Secrets Aldrya Cult writeup which said "such is the case in Jolar,
where several remnant forests wage a ragged war with the local Wagon
Folk" p46. Admittedly this is slightly dubious in that the Wagon Folk
have not entered Jolar as yet.

- --Peter Metcalfe