Orlanthi funerals

From: Rob (r.marcus@herts.ac.uk)
Date: Tue 14 Sep 1999 - 19:09:40 EEST

Hi all - delurking for a question:

Has anyone out there looked into Orlanthi burial customs in any depth at
all?

I recall reading something a while back about Ty Kora Tek priestess all
being mad old women, is this correct? Beinga widow who lives in a cave can't
do much for your sanity,I suppose.

IMG I have assumed that Orlanthi are buried "in the sky" a la American
Indians according to the westerns. I also understand that they may be
cremated - perhaps a combination of the two on a raised platform? On the
roof of the air temple?

I would appreciate any input.

Also, are their any earth cults that men may join without losing face?

Rob Marcus
Senior Computer Technician
Faculty of Natural Sciences
University of Hertfordshire