Abortion

From: Peter Metcalfe (metcalph@bigfoot.com)
Date: Tue 21 Sep 1999 - 15:33:06 EEST

Morgan Conrad:

>But, anybody have
>any idea on the Erissan/Deezolan attitude towards abortion?

I don't think this will be much of an issue generally in glorantha
considering that many classical cultures practiced birth after the
sprog had been born. The Romans and Greeks exposed unwanted kids
while the Carthaginians offered them up to Moloch. The roman's own
practices didn't stop them from condemning the Carthaginians and
(alleged) Christian practices, mind you.

I can't think of anything that would make Erissa or Deezola opposed
to abortion. Erissa is more concerned with sight and healing and
probably would find eye-gouging more offensive whereas Deezola is
less of a healer. None of this prevents them from viewing it as
a sad occurence, but it's not something they would be up in arms
about, considering what else goes on in the Empire (Emperor's tastes,
slavery, taxes etc).

- --Peter Metcalfe