Moonboats

From: Peter Metcalfe (metcalph@bigfoot.com)
Date: Sun 26 Sep 1999 - 14:36:03 EEST

Nicholas Davison:

>Does anyone have any information on Moon Boats?

>2. They travel between Temples of the Reaching Moon and crash
>if these are destroyed (Revolt in the Redlands)

If true, it would be impossible for the Moonboat in "Strangers
in Prax" to actually reach Pavis for there is no Temple of the
Reaching Moon there.

The Temple could provide additional lunar energy to cartload
excessive troops or provide support when the moon is dark (but
OTOH the Temple of the Reaching Moons are within the glowline
so the moon is effectively full...)

>3. They have stables for wyverns.(Strangers in Prax)

I don't think this is common to all Moonboats. Where do
the Wyverns come from anyway?

>Any other ideas please?

Since the Moonboat factories are in Darjiin, I imagine the
secrets for creating the Moonboats arise out of Darjiinian
Lunar mythology. The core crew of the Moonboats thus would
be Darjiinians with their lewd habits and have a shrine to
Yestendos on board.

- --Peter Metcalfe