Re: The Glorantha Digest V7 #89

From: Rob (r.marcus@herts.ac.uk)
Date: Thu 23 Sep 1999 - 17:38:37 EEST

Keith Nellist:

> It is a question about Waha, who is pretty much a male earth cult (he
> commands Gnomes!). To qualify as a Kahn a candidate must have noble blood,
> presumably as a descendant of Waha and not a Dara Happan or other so
called
> 'noble'. What I want to know is if Waha had any Morokanth descendants.
> Morokanth being Beasts who cheated, as opposed to humans, to whom Waha
seems
> unfairly biased. If Waha is not interested in female Morokanth then are
there
> no legitimate Waha Khans in the Morokanth tribe, but instead a select
breed
> of noble herd men - Waha descendants who lost their intellect. OR is Waha
> really a Morokanth lover, OR is their some other Morokanth qualifier as
> 'noble' blood, perhaps the original Morokanth who cheated in the Food
Game?

"(Snort, snuffle) Ah, human - how little you know! (Snuffle, champ) Waha The
Great Khan _IS_ a Morocanth! (Snort)" - Shondos Greatclaw, Khan of
Rocklobber Herd Clan.

> Cults of Prax genealogy gives Waha and Eiritha as parents of the Kahns but
> don't personally like this.Eiritha is supposedly buried and cannot wander
the
> world. I prefer to think of Waha creating dynasties from the 'ordinary'
> people (descendants of the Protectresses and the Founders). Either way
though
> the descendants of Impala Eiritha and Waha were humans, so, logically
> Morocanth Eiritha gives birth to humans/herd men. I guess the
Protectresses
> must have been born after the Food Game or else the Herd Man Protectress
> wouldn't exist, but I would appreciate some other opinions.

IIRC the first thing that Waha did was to make his covenent with the
inhabitants of Prax, then rescued Eiritha, then dug the canal. Therefore,
Waha and Eiritha would have "married" after Waha's covenent, so the
protectresses would have been born after the food game.

Hang on a minute, this gives rise to another idea. Every now and then
(IIRC) a "super" (awakened) herd beast wanders out of the great cave in the
Paps. Does this mean that there will occasionally be births of awakened
Herd Men? Is an awakened Herd Man a human?

Rob.