Pavis and Elves

From: Peter Metcalfe (metcalph@bigfoot.com)
Date: Fri 24 Sep 1999 - 09:57:47 EEST

Keith Nellist:

BS>> The walls were broken twice. I believe that Jaldon made the little break
>> on the side where New Pavis is. I am pretty certain that the trolls made
>> the Troll Break.

>I think Thog first broke the walls, with Jolanti and troll allies, in 875.

That breach was repaired by the Flintnail cult when Joraz Kyrem returned
in 877.

>I think this breaking of walls may have been more a case of getting past
>the walls rather than smashing a hole in them.

It's stated that they broke the walls. Therefore I do feel that the
Flintnail repaired the original breach.

>I have a slight chronological problem on Aldryami in Pavis relating to
>Thog, and his occupation. I suspect that the elves arrives from shadows
>dance after Thogs occupation, otherwise why did the Trolls not eat them.

Given that the Trolls during the three century long Sealing of Pavis
did not devour the Garden either, it's impossible for the elves to
hold out for a measly two years.

More importantly the Trolls did not lead the invasion force, Thog
and his Jolanti did. Thog might have placed the elves under his
protection or somesuch - although the only known chaosium treatise
on Giant-Elf relations "Stomp!" tends to cast some doubt on this
theory.

- --Peter Metcalfe