Re: Lee Gold & Alarums&Excursions

From: RobMH@aol.com
Date: Sun 27 Feb 2000 - 05:43:31 EET

In a message dated 26-Feb-00 10:57:33 Pacific Standard Time, Alan Brain
writes:
 And one of the nicest people you could ever want to meet. So's Barry,
 her husband. Good Filksinger too. I thought more people would get the
 reference to the Mostali encampment Llianbarigold mentioned on this
 list.
 Anyone else familiar with "Alarums & Excursions?" >>

Alan,
By happy coincidence, five minutes before I read your post I wrote a check to
send to Lee to restart my A&E subscription. For a lark, Jonathan Tweet and I
have decided to rejoin A&E for a year. The fact that we're both gonna do at
least a one-page zine every month should help us both keep on track. And I'm
gonna see if I can get some other friends who used to be in the zine to come
back for a while during the year. // The last time I saw an issue of A&E, you
and Michael Cule were both contributing, so I hope you're still involved with
it now.

For those of you who don't know the zine, A&E is an old-time monthly fanzine.
Contributors pay a bit of money to subsidize printing costs. Most material
concerns rpgs, though conversations stray as much or more than gaming table
conversations.

Relative to the thrill-a-minute world of the web, A&E is something of a
dinosaur, but when it's rolling strong it's a fun dinosaur, and I'm looking
forward to riding it for awhile.

- --Rob Heinsoo