Thed

From: Guy Hoyle (ghoyle1@airmail.net)
Date: Wed 01 Mar 2000 - 21:17:04 EET

> Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 16:14:39 +0100
> From: "Christoph Kohring" <ChOK@bluewin.ch>
> Subject: Re : The Glorantha Digest V7 #420
>

> I think it strange that in Glorantha the deity of rape is a
> rapee & not a
> rapist. The blame-it-on-the-victim game as usual... All hail the macho
> chauvinist pig (bull ?!) !!!

The myth about this appears in KING OF SARTAR. Basically, Thed comes to
Orlanth seeking justice because she has been raped. Orlanth promises her
justice, and Thed reveals that her rapist is Orlanth's kinsman Ragnaglar.
The Broo are Thed's revenge for the horror that Ragnaglar inflicted upon her
(i.e., Orlanth's wife and daughters will have to fear what happened to
Thed). She did not invite the rape, but she inflicts it upon the womenfolk
of those who raped her. It ain't the blame-it-on-the-victim game at all.

Guy