Re: The Glorantha Digest V7 #439

From: Bruce Hollebone (hollebon@cyberus.ca)
Date: Thu 02 Mar 2000 - 21:00:08 EET

Kmnellist@aol.com writes:

> I was going to set a campaign during the founding of Pavis (Old Pavis)
> where there are (or were going to be) assorted nefarious plots to ressurect
> Genert (not least by the Issaries cult and Caarith the Desert Tracker). It
> is still in development.

Tangentially, this is what Pavis was trying to do in the first place, wasn't it?
Become a new Genert, I mean, not resurrect the original. He doesn't come
across as being a conqueror, rather as a ruler by example, which strikes me
as a very much pre-Storm Age idea. There are more parallels also: his
"giant" allies, his union of Elder peoples. His major flaws, of course, were
that he didn't include the Trolls (since they weren't on the surface in the
Green age) and did not was not recognized as ruler by the nomads
(splintered and factionalized without their Tada).

Anyway, this has been kicking around in my head for years. Has it been
discussed before, or is it so obvious that no one talks about it any more?

Naively,

Bruce Hollebone: hollebon (at) cyberus.ca