RE: Who is Greebo ?

From: Douglas Seay (dms@rtp-marconi.com)
Date: Fri 03 Mar 2000 - 17:55:18 EET

> Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2000 02:13:41 +0100
> From: "Christoph Kohring" <ChOK@bluewin.ch>
> Subject: Who is Greebo ?
>
> Is he a famous shadowcat heroquester or what ?!?

Kinda, but basically no.

Greebo is a cat in Pratchet's Discworld books. Greebo "belongs" to a
witch (Nanny Ogg) and is the toughest SOB in Lancre (the local
kingdom). In _Witches_Abroad_ he stared down charging bulls in the
equivalent of the Running of the Bulls in Pamplona. Nothing "mundane"
frightens him, and he had fun playing with a wounded vampire.

Greebo has nothing at all to do with Glorantha, but if he did, he would
make a damn fine heroquester. I'd guess he would be tied to the Mastery
and Beast runes, but only because there isn't a rune for "I do violence
because I likes to". Well, Storm comes close, but has elemental

baggage that doesn't apply.

- - doug

PS: The 20 or so Discworld books are great fun. There are newsgroups
for talking about this series, including FAQs if you want to know more.