Cats on Bodmin Moor

From: Richard Develyn (Richard.Develyn@viewgate.com)
Date: Thu 09 Mar 2000 - 11:56:50 EET

<< Certainly its difficult to see how a
 population of panthers could remain hidden in an area as small as Bodmin
Moor
 - - I know cats are secretive, but come on... >>

There was quite a good documentary here in the UK about these things - a
series of 1/2 hour programs each devoted to one of these myths (like the
Loch Ness monster).

Anyway, w.r.t. the cats in Bodmin, the chap who presented it, who seemed
pretty level-headed, said it was quite possible.

He explained that big cats are pretty good at hiding and if they don't want
you to find them then you wont find them. The only problem would come about
if a breeding pair formed when they get more aggressive and, I believe,
bolder.

Richard